This is a place for you to share your stories about HIV testing. Feel free to talk about when and why you decided to get tested, as well about what it was like going for the test itself.
NOTE: To answer anonymously, log out of your account and post as a guest. Share Your Experiences
Scared out of my brains
- I just recently turned 19 years old and I am really scared and anxious. I have been really stupid in the past, having casual sex with people I barely knew (Sometimes unprotected). I didn't think anything of it at the time, but all of a sudden the fear of being HIV+ has frightened me to no end. I am really nervous about going to get tested, for the sake of myself and my partner. I've made phone calls and I'm pushing myself to get tested as soon as I can get an appointment. After this dark, clouding experience with fear and anxiety, casual sex is a huge NO NO for me. Please pray for me.
- —Guest Kris
Anxious, anxious, anxious.
- I'm scared of my test results. I only have to wait a day or two more, but I'm in this amazing relationship and I don't want to have to disappoint anyone or live with the regret for the rest of my life. This whole situation makes me realize how important it is for adults to stress the risk of not using protection. I've had an STD before, which is already hard to deal with, so I just pray my results come back negative for everything else.
- —Guest Lynn
scared stupid for 9 years....
- I wanted to come onto this forum and post m experience with HIV testing. I have been like so many others out there, over analyzing, sleepless nights, driving myself to the point of madness over the three dreaded letters H I V. I had sex for the first time when I was 18 years old and since then have had a handful of not so safe encounters with people who were friends of mine and part of my party circle. I had a drinking problem and bleak outlook on life during this time and didn't care much about myself. Sadly enough, I was always more concerned about everyone else around me. Almost 5 years ago I met the man who I am now engaged to. 3 days ago, I mustard up the courage to finally take the test. I was ready to end the sleepless nights and cold fear that consumed me over the thought that I COULD HAVE HIV. I took the oraquick rapid test and my fiance read me the results..NEGATIVE. I found support and courage in him and my future mother in law and made best decision ever! Stay strong!!
- —Guest not so anxious anymore
I'm woried sick
- I can't believe I have been so careless. I have been seeing this older guy for a year now (off and on) and now worried that I might hae contracted some deadly or serious. i don't have any symptms, but still you never know. I was really worried until I signed up for Mediciad and my caseworker asked me when my last check up was ans since I hadn't had any in while I agree to take an HIV test, Syphillis and tb. I will be getting my results in a fw days and I'm worried sick. someone please help me. I have tested Last year (2012)for HIV and it was negative and did a pap smear and oh well let's say it turned up abnorml and doctor diagnosed me with chymedia. I can now say I have learned from my mistakes and hoping that I test negative for all three. Please it is not worth your peace of mind so protect yourself as I I'll too. cheers!
- —Guest Raquel
Sick with worry
- I recently found out that I had chlamydia and it really freaked me out! It made me wonder if I had chlamydia, then what else did I have. I still have almost a week to wait for my results, but I'm about to drive myself insane! I'm googling symptoms and now I'm convincing myself I have hiv or herpes! Now I have a soretthroat and I'm thinking it's the end of the world! This is a definite wake up call. I've had no symptoms and my sore throat is mild and I haven't even had it 24 hours yet! I'm about to have a break down. It's all I think about. Not sure how I'm going to brace myself for the results! I just want a negative and I'll get my act together!
- —Guest Sam
- I had unprotected sex 4 years ago,with a sex worker,even thoug here Aids are merely found i was realy scared, i got tested for hiv,my result came negative,but i am still scared,any one who can help me i will be greatly thankful
- —Guest Zardyy..
- I'm waiting for my results and I'm scared to death because where I came from it's question of honour
- —Guest behzad
- HIV testing is probley the scariest thing Iv ever had to face! i had a 20 + list of partners in the past as I sat in the clinic I asked myself why did I do this to myself ?taking risks are not worth the torture I put myself true in the month before it took me to take the test and 2 weeks it took to get results! the tests were fine bloods & swabs done in minates results sent in text if neg! the wait was unbarable finally a call came at this stage even if i was positive i just couldnt wait any longer i just needed to know!! i know u might think is she crazy when I say this but I was lucky I had chlamydia but no other infections or HIV!! I say I'm lucky because I know now this infection could be cured If caught in time. this experience has thought me no risk no matter how exciting at the time is worth this living hell! Get ur test done it will probley be the hardest decision u will make but it could save u others
- —Guest Forever worrying
- reading a case here of this lady sseroconversion has out the anxiety into force.i had a false postive(i pray it was a false) and then reapted 12-13 combo test tom im going for the six month mark test.hope all comes back okay,but this post will haunt me for another 6 months .thanks janet
- —Guest noman
Terrified to Face the consequences
- Unfortunately, I had unprotected sex for the second time I ever had sex. I really do not know what got over me that day but I was completely fine leaving my fate and reproductive health in a STRANGER'S hand! Yes, it was a STRANGER-not anyone I loved or had feelings for. What's worse is he did not even have a condom! Well, about 10 days after I had flu-like symptoms and was sick for a long time. He never even replied to my text message about his STD status. It's been about 2 years since then and I haven't been tested. I don't have a boyfriend but I really hope and pray that I am HIV negative. I wouldn't even know how to explain it to my parents or loved ones or even my future boyfriend that will be extremely ashamed and grossed out!!! I wish I could turn back time but I can't! My best bet now is to abstain from unprotected sex. It's crazy how one little moment can quickly change your life forever. Please be safe everyone. Especially for someone that does not even know your worth!
- —Guest Scared
- About two months ago I took the test, I was terrified but they were offering it for free in my university and it was raining very hardly outsite the building, so I took it and it was okay. On that, I told a friend on what's up about the test and he took it yesterday, very sadly he's got the virus. He thinks I am an angel just because he can start doing something now.. Let's please motivate the people to take the test. I feel very sad for him
- —Guest George
Negative at six months positive at seven
- Hey guys Hiv testing is the scariest thing but you all must do it if you care about your health. I had one exposure of protected sex back in October . I did not have any other exposures since that one time and I tested with a third generation anti body test at three months in February then had my six months test in may . Both were negative . A week ago I still had weird on and off fevers got tested and was found to be positive. This shows that hiv can take longer than six months to show in perfectly normal healthy people. Please be safe and always ask your partner for a clean bill of health before being intimate . God bless
- —Guest Janet
9 months and still wondering
- I had safe sex with some prostitute 2 years ago, it was safe sex, but still it scared me. I have been tested 3 months after, and 6 after, and 9 months after. All result are negative. Its been 2 years now, and I'm still wondering whether I should do another test bc my gf will be coming soon and we will live together.
- —Guest David
- I've had 8 sexual partners with whom i practised unsafe sex. I have to take the test today, i feel like i'm already positive, what are the odds of escaping it all these times. I was so foolish and careless. i'm so scared. This is my first test.
- —Guest phyl
- I have had 5 different partners before getting engaged to my fiancee. Had oral sex with 2 partners, had anal sex with 1, and safe sex with another. Did not practice safe sex with my fiancee. Suddenly it hit me that i might have HIV. Could not even remember if i had any symptoms. Worried sick. Im getting free and anonymous testing today. Have been having cold feet and fingers! I wish I more educated on HIV.
- —Guest alicia