Need to know more
- I was diagnosed last month. I have been with my boyfriend for a few months and been friends with him for 15 years. I caught it from him he had no idea he had it. I am very much inlove with him and am fairly positive i will spend the rest of my life with him. But i dont know very much about the virus and th research i have looked up on the internet has just got my completely freaked out. I know i will live with it forever and i can except that but thats all i know about it really. Good luck to you all.
- —Guest Annoynomous
feeling ashamed of myself
- I just got tested for herpes after an abnormal pap smear, and my OBGYN just called me back, but I wasn't able to answer, so she left me a voice message. All she said was that she wanted me to call her back to discuss my lab results, and now I'm nervous and paranoid, and I'm fearing the worst. I know that herpes isn't the worst thing that I may have contracted, but I also feel like the people before who are saying that they feel their lives are over and that they are afraid of never finding someone special for fear that that person may leave. I'm so scared that my doctor will tell me that I have it and now I have to wait until tomorrow. I feel like if my lab results were clean, she'd just have said that in the voicemail instead of telling me to call her back. I feel so dirty and stupid. I'm glad that others have stated that they still found people who loved them in spite of this.
- —Guest Al
Living with it for life
- I was diagnosed with hsv2 8 years ago when I was only 25 . I had gotten in a long term relationship with the man I am now married to. I had never had any symptoms of herpes until 3 weeks after we had sex unprotected for the first time ( about 3 years after we started dating ) we had always used condoms . I regret starting to have sex with out condoms with him even now. It ruined my life. I love him so don't get me wrong but I'm honestly not sure I would have married him if I didn't get this disease from him. But I don't want to be along. He still can't admit he gave this to me. I hate my self . If I ever get financially able I am going to start a new life on my own. I may never find some one to love me with this disease but living with some one that doesn't love you just because he has it and adepts it isn't enough. I'm more lonely in my life now than ever
- —Guest Self hater
- My fiance' recently gave me oral with a crusted over HSV1 on his lip that we were well aware of. A week later, Merry Xmas to me, i have an excruiciating constant pain in my female parts and it burns terribly to pee. He went with me to urgent care and they gav e me antibiotics for a UTI... week later i have insect bite looking bumps around my labia and immediately schedule an appt with my gyno. Diagnosed Immediately with Herpes. I've been a nurse for 3 years, you'd think I'd know better. I'm ashamed of my stupidity. For the past two days, I've done nothing but lay in bed and cry. The emotional pain is far worse than this terrible physical pain. My fiance' is the only one i plan to know and we're going to attempt to live normal lives..... He promised me he loves me the same, but i get this terrible nightmare in my mind that even though he gave it to me, he'll be afraid to touch me again... i do not blame him. I have never felt so disgusting :((
- —Guest Depressed Nurse
- About a week ago I ended up getting some brief oral sex from a prostitute unprotected. The rest of the random and unnecessary encounter was protected. For the past few days my penis has been tingling. This morning it stopped from the inside and shifted to the outside. I have since found a little open sore and a small red bump that is appearing next to it. I got tested today, but the girl who looked at it said it wasn't diagnosable at that time. I have an increasingly certain mindset that I have herpes. I'm not overly stoked. And furthermore if I get a flu and outbreak next week (when i believe it's scheduled) I will be screwed for my promotion. I get the results from the clinic in 7 days. But I have a feeling I will know already before that time has come. I hope I am just tripping out. I really hope I am just tripping out.
- —Guest Fack.
The other side of the fence.
- I'm 30, and my boyfriend who is 28 was just diagnosed. He was devastated. He's a strong man, and this is the first time I ever felt like he really wanted to cry about something. He felt guilty, and shameful and was afraid I'd drop him on the spot. I went with him to the doctor, I stood behind the curtain with him, asked questions and we finally were able to put a name on it. Genital Herpes. I told him, now we know what it is, we know how to fix it. That's the only thing that has changed. I don't love him any less. Both of us being the age we are, we came with a past when we met each other. We knew we weren't each others first. That's the risk we took, and I knew going in. We never expected this, but it's the hand we've been dealt. I love this man with all my heart, and no diagnosis will ever change that. For any one who's scared to tell their partner, from the other side of the fence, I'm telling you, if they love you, they will STILL love you. Honesty is the best policy.
- —Guest Supportive
Careless Now What
- I just found out I am hsv1 &2 just after Thanksgiving 2012. I don't know when or how I contracted it but it is what it is. Shortly after being diagnosed, I told my old crush and he was very encouraging. The problem is that the old crush and I had begun discussing reuniting and then I drop this bomb. He recently came into town and sparks flew quickly causing us to both be irresponsible and going without condom. I'm not sure if I was having an outbreak or shedding because I've never noticed anything before and now I'm always paranoid! With us having had unprotected sex, I'm no paranoid than ever before and totally stressed that he could have been infected. I don't want to be blamed when both of us are responsible for our own safety FIRST. Had this ever happened to any one and what was the outcome? I'm afraid he'll hate me if he tests positive although I told him immediately after getting my results and before we had sex. What do I do now?
- —Guest Still Stunned
- I have hsv2 ...it's heartbreaking.. I didn't have to deal with the dating thing til now cuz I was with the one who gave it to me for 5yrs.. sometimes I'm okay about it but of course I met someone n I want to have sex so bad it's not fair I'm scared .. it's hard not to fall apart sometimes
- —Guest beautifuhhl
- Just found out I have hvs2 don't know how to tell my wife somebody help me deal with this pain I am going threw..
- —Guest Jb
still trying to breathe
- I found out I had herpes Dec 18 2012 and I Was so hurt blamed myself asked god why me..I went home still devastated start researching online typing in alot of different things and the more I read and spent hours on The phone with herpes specialist the better I felt I guess I east more hurt emotionally then physical my doc told me to stop crying or it will cause a ob..I slept that night off did moreover research and realized That herpes is mother what expected to be the thoughts I had in my head were so over dramatic..I have accepted it even though im newly diagnosed im aware and perfectly fine with the news changes I will have to make I prayed hours to god thanking him its not aids And im still alive to raise my son.I've already found someone who has accepted me and im thankful for him im young 20 year old beautiful lady who has herpes that will love happy healthy and with different view on life and men..
- —Guest queeleo
- I was diagnosed w/symptoms of herpes when i was 18. only had 1 partner. I was tested it came out negative. I asked my bf at the time if he had anything & he swore to me that he didn't i believed him bc he had to get tested for college football. I had never had another outbreak until i was 20 just like the first time. Only this time when i rushed to the hospital they flat out told me "you have herpes" and tore my life apart. The emotional pain somehow outgrew the physical unbearable pain. I was very comfortable with the bf i had at this time. I told him & he still wanted to be with me he didnt care. I thought i could trust him bc he still wanted to be with me. But when we had a falling out and broke up he told everyone about my disease. I havent been w/anyone ever since. Its been 1 yr. i would want my nxt bf to tell me if he had something but HOW do i tell someone i love that i have herpes?! Im so afraid bc i dont trust anymore. The nxt person i get involved w/will deff my HUSBAND!
- —Guest How do i tell??
- Recently my daughters father nd I separated..he was so angry! Txtd me nd tld me to go get checked! I immediately made a doctors appointment but i didn't thnk I would actually have anything! Only to find out I have herpes!! I was so shocked..so hurt..so DAMAGED! Our whole relationship I was convinced he was cheating but never thought he was stupid enough to bring anything home! Now that we're over I feel like my whole dating nd intimate relations stage are over! Using condoms or not I'm so ashamed, I'm only 21 nd I have to live with this for the rest of my life! I hate him so much he ruined my life completely, I regret the day I ever met him! I'm very beautiful I have guys approaching me all the time but I feel so ugly now..so insecure..lonely! I don't know what to do! Can anybody with the disease tell me how they deal with it?
- —Guest Sunshine
Determined to Succeed, No Matter What
- 2 yrs. ago my husband went to visit his kids who live with his ex-wife. 3 weeks after he came home I was in the ER and got the news. Tests showed I have type 1. He just recently admitted(after 6 years of lying) to fathering his ex's 3rd child while she was married to someone else. Now we live in the same state; I know that he will probably be with her a lot more(on his last visit he took a lot of pictures of his ex). I have been unemployed for a while, but have landed an amazing job that will pay enough so I can afford a divorce and a place of my own. It's not that I cannot forgive him; I have. It's just that his ex has been with a lot of men, and next time he shares what she gives him with me, it could be HIV. I am in so much turmoil now, but I am determined to put him and what he did to me behind me. I am determined to succeed in my new job, and I can do it best without having to worry about someone betraying me or endangering my life.
Be careful in your decisions
- When I was 15 I was diagnosed with herpes in the mouth and on the vagina.. I was dateing my ex boyfriend for a total of 3 months and had sex with him.. First time ever having sex with a person! I still have not forgiven him and nor do I think I ever will! He still refuses to this day to think that he gave it to me he states "I gave it to my self" HOW THE HELL DO U DO THAT!!! I would go back in time to never meet him.. I am right now in my life Falling in love with a guy named Brandon.. But I don't know how to tell him! I'm afraid if I tell him he won't want to talk to me any more.. I hate having herpes! I gues what I'm trying to say is be carful with who you chose you never know who has what! I never thought I would ever have this disease!! But open your eyes bc you definitely can!!
- —Guest BB123
Its a part of me!!!!!
- Writing this I have an attack. A bad one but then again I did not have one for about 3 months. I was diagnosed at around 19 and so was my friend.. we slept with a guy at the same time who had it. Just a bit of fun that ruined my whole life. Although I am in my forties and have 3 kids who are all healthy. And a lovely husband. I have to be careful to look after myself, get enough sleep, eat well, de-stress myself. Cos the lesions move around and pop up in a few different places. It has changed my life and makes me feel dirty when I get it. You just have to get on with your life and dont be depressed about it.
- —Guest Sandra