here i go again
- i found out i had herpes about a year ago. i went to the doc thinking i had a mother of a yeast infection. i never thought i would hear the words you have herpes. i am 59 years old and have not had sex for 12yrs. at this moment i am having an out break and feel like hell. i wish, that they had something for the itching. i have tried everything. its about to drive me crazy.when i say i feel your pain, believe me i do. i send my prayers and best wishes to all.
- —Guest diana
Just got it
- I've been a Virgin for a long time and my best friends numbers are in the double digits and I have my first boyfriend and we have known each other for a year now and we had unprotected sex but we loved each other and he told me that he hasn't had any signs of any std. So i knew that i wanted to lose my virginity to him. we were in love! I saw bumps and I went to the doctor and she told me she thinks it's herpes and I was devastated and I haven't gotten the full results back but the hardest part is the pain!!! It's horrible and I can't walk or pee. My boyfriend is really supportive but I wish I stayed a virgin at this point. I love him and accept him no matter what! This just shows that someone will love me and accept me for it someday. I think I'm handling it pretty well! Stay strong is something I have to tell myself everyday, plus my sister has gone through cancer and this is nothing compared to what she went through and since she was strong I'm going to be strong too!
- —Guest Hey
How Could I Be The One
- I woke up today and could not walk have been off work for 3 weeks and in the hospital for the Flu and PN. Took 3 ER visits to get to ICU. I have not faith in the medical field and I am a nurse. Thought like many I had been on so many antibiotics that I had a yeast infection. Then the sores and being unable to walk. I knew before I went to the urgent care what the were going to say. I was married for 32 years to my one and only and he died of leukemia 4 1/2 years ago. Since then I am remarried in a very good relationship and this happens. I do not think he knows that he has given it to me but he has no symptoms. I thought I was safe in monogamous relationship. I still believe my husband is faithful but this has changed my life so much. I am less than one day into the shock and home alone and all I can do is cry. My husband won't even let me tell my BFF and I feel so dirty like a leper. I pray for all of you out there this is so difficult. How will I ever have a normal life.
- —Guest Me too
Living A Lie
- I am a 45 female who was diagnosed with herpes in 1992, and have been living with it . I contracted herpes from a guy I dated and was sexually active and he was very promiscuous. I didn't know about his risky behavior. I have been having sex and using condoms, however, with the man I'm seeing now he didn't use a condom as we normally use, I was terrified because he didn't let me know and I have not given him my status. I have one breakout every six months or once a year. I'm ashamed of it , but I've learned to cope with it. Just make sure you use protection at all times and take your medication. You'll be ok, trust God not man.
- —Guest Eam
Hopeful but accepted
- I'm currently waiting for results as to whether I have genital herpes. When I got swabbed today, I cried. It hurt like hell and this whole process is crap. Apparently if it is herpes then this is my first episode, so it will get better. It won't hurt this much again. Peeing is horrific. I won't be dramatic like some people but it's worse than any water infection I've had. I have to clench my teeth while I pee. Honestly, it's horrible. I've done a lot of reading today and after thinking, this morning that it would be the end of the world, I've actually come to terms with it. I've accepted that it's more than definately GH so I'm not going to stress because apparently that can trigger it off again. I'm going to start taking Vitamin E because that helps your immune response. I'm currently taking the medication for it. 5 tablets a day for 5 days, urgh. Definitely going to effect me for the rest of my life but hopefully not too much. Moral of the story: Use protection! Seriously...
- —Guest Anxious
- I found out I have herpes about a week ago. It started out with just little pimple like bumps but in two days the size doubled and they became open sores. I had to stay home from school but made myself go and it really hurts to walk. When I have to pee (I know this sounds weird) I sit on the side of the bathtub and lean back so that the urine flows downward instead of on the sores. It still stings a little but it helps me a lot! And of course rinse the tub after. But my sores are slowly healing and I'm having to make myself slow down and not stress out as much. My boyfriend of 2 years gave this to me, he had it from a previous relationship and he did not know. I was devastated but I'm thankful that I can still make a family and still have a sex life. You can still live your life, you just need to be a little bit more careful(: be patient with first outbreak healing!
- —Guest Madison
Life goes on
- I was a depressed teenager, I slept around alot, (which yes I regret) after I got out of my depression I found the love of my life, 2 months into our relationship I had to tell him that I had herpes,(after an excrutiating visit to the dr.) he told me I was still beautiful and I had nothing to worry about, but inside I couldn't help feel as if it could have been prevented I felt ugly and descusting. We have been together over a year he still doesn't have it and we are happy as ever. I still think about it everyday when I take my pill it's something we will both have to live with, this month we decided to try and have a baby because Life does go on and it does get easier. Even though you think your not. Your still loved by the ones that are worth it! :)
- —Guest Just me
getting up the nerve
- Im 28 with three beautiful children, before i had my last child i had an outbreak of warts and found out it was hpv that was four years ago it was the worst experience of my whole life! i swore up and down that i would never be so stupid or careless again and i have smartened up and taken more care, or at least thats what i thought, 3 days ago i had a sore show up :( i have been looking it up and getting together the nerve to have it checked but im almost sure its herpes and after what i have already delt with im beside myself with fear :(
- —Guest terrified
Learning To Cope
- I went to the doctors office because I developed a cist on my lower back. Well the doctor took some blood test I also gave a urine sample 2 weeks later the doctors office told me to come in because they had some test results back that I needed to be aware of. My heart was pounding so hard I've never gotten a clinic call back before. I thought maybe Aids I almost didn't want to go but knew I must know. I end up having herpies 2. I started crying never would I have ever thought I would get this but knew it could be a possibility cause sometimes I do have unprotected sex. My boyfriend of over 2 yrs I wonder if he gave it to me. We use protection but we have had unprotected sex before. I wonder if he knows he's got it but scared to say something cause we work together he might be scared someone at our job might find out. He's always saying I talk to much so I'm sure he'll think I would say something. I'm scared to tell him I got it cause what if he don't got it!?
- —Guest Ms.H
Life MUST go on
- I'm 19 and recently contracted HSV2. It was really heart breaking I felt as if my entire world was ripped away from me and turned inside out when the doctor read the test results to me. I got it from a guy I wasn't dating and we were in a very casual relationship. The hardest part of all of this was how not worth it this guy was and how easily avoidable it was. After being in a complete mental breakdown state for about three weeks I've started accepting that this is my new life. I have the stregnth to not let this destroy me and I have faith that I will meet someone who will accept me. Its going to be a lifestyle change- and a hard one since I attend college and my friends all are living the crazy single life- but I can do it. While this has made my life different and difficult it will also lead us to partners who we know are accepting good people who genuinely care for us. I'm still scared and nervous for the rest of my life, but I hope everything will continue to improve
- —Guest Erin
Diagnosed at 47 with NO outbreak
- I'm truly still shocked because I haven't had many sex partners at all. Been married twice, divorced. Started dating and during sex the condom came off. Immediately went to Dr for a panel. HSV-1 and 2 positive. Dr stated that the virus has been in my body for awhile, didn't come from new partner. I've told a couple of men and they haven't had a problem with it. In fact, there are so many people that are positive (some know it and some do not). I have never had an outbreak and I am a woman who has had a great deal of STRESS in her life. Keep praying, its not the end of your life!
- —Guest Guest
Nothing Is New Under The Sun!!
- I have herpes. I never knew I even had it until a blood test from my OBGYN came in as 'Positive". It was at that very moment I felt scared, alone, nasty, regret and hatred towards man. I constantly asked God Why? But than I realized I'm not alone and that all things work together for Good of those who Love the lord!! That it's not the end of the world. I have two kids who is perfectly fine. I have good health, a great life and many more blessing to count. I encourage everyone to be thankful for a second chance it could have been cancer, it could have been HIV/AIDS something that could end our life right on the spot. So let's take that hurt and anger and challenge it towards helping many others like ourselves even though we may have never meet were family we share the same thing family ties herpes.. And even though I have the disease I wouldn't change a thing it's made me the person I am today!!! I Love You All And I Love my Life!
- —Guest Family Ties
Living with herpes
- I found out last year i was positive for genital herpes. I caught it from an ex who I had hooked back up with on FB. He knew he had it for years & did not bother telling ME. he told a mutual friend a whole year later, who then told me. I tested positive soon after. He denies he gave it to me, cuz we didn't have full sexual intercourse. However, we apparently had enough sexual contact for him to pass it to me. i contacted my previous sexual partners who tested negative. I thought at first that my symptoms were a horrible, recurring yeast infection. After I found out my diagnosis, I lost it. I wanted to die. THEN, to add insult to injury, he had the police arrest me for FELONY STALKING over some emails & a letter I sent saying how I wanted to die. The case was dropped to a misdeamenor bail jumping, but this is affecting my career! I was so devastated, so hurt... I don't remember alot from last year. It is a blur of depression & anxiety attacks. I am STILL trying to cope, & stay strong.
- —Guest WHY ME?
At least you guys aren't 14
- I'm barely 14 and I have herpes. I'm a virgin (anal, oral, and vaginal) and I managed to contract it. It's so painful and I don't know what to do. I never knew you could get herpes from just touching, but now I have to live with it for the rest of my life. If breaks my heart I have to tell every single partner I ever have about my condition. Also, when people hear a 14 yr old has herpes they think "slut" when in fact he's my first boyfriend and we've been dating for 2 months and this is as far as we've gone. He's supportive and apologetic and I still love him. But people will find out and think im some kind of whore :( and it makes me so sad
- —Guest Guest :(
don't know what to do
- I'm 16 years old and I found out I have herpes a couple of months ago. I got it from a guy I really liked but turned out to be playing me, I had sex with him only once (and we used a condom) but it was enough - I had gotten the virus. I've been so afraid and felt ugly and disgusting ever since, I don't think any partner would ever accept me for it. I've told my closest friends and they've made me feel a little better about it and we can even joke around about it. But I know that even my friends judge me, for example, my best friend who knew I had herpes refused to sleep in the same bed as me if I didn't put on pants because she was afraid I would give her the virus. It's hard to know that even your closest friends look at you differently and I'm scared because this is something I'll have to live with my whole life, just because I was young, stupid and in love. I don't know how to tell any future partners but I know I have to, I will not give them the virus without notifying them first.
- —Guest someone