Just got the news
- So today i went to the clinic to be tested because i had something going on that was extremely uncomfortable. And the moment my doctor saw it i broke down crying... I was good when i was younger and i have only had one partner, i love this man and he loves me. I couldn't understand how after 3 years i just now received it. But after speaking with my doctor and reading up i am ready to take it head on. I never though i would be one of those people with an std but i am lucky enough to have a support system with me. I broke down in the car on the way home when i told my boyfriend. He was so worried and upset because he knew he was probably the one who gave it to me because he was my first and only. But we have been faithful to each other and he says he still wants to marry me and have a family with me someday. I am just so very lucky to have a person my best friend and partner to care for me and look after me and still want to be with me. Its hard to realize but life will go on.
- —Guest Teresa
So much regret...
- i just found out yesterday i have herpes and it completely devastated me and how and why this happen to me!?!? i havent had an outbreak. i went to the doctor cause i thought my nose had something wrong and when they told me i was HSV-2 my world came crashing in! :( i have to tell these woman i have been with that i have herpes and its the worst feeling cause you not knowing or showing symptoms and then finding out makes you feel like the lowest person in the world. i plan to fight through it because i have a 5yr old son who means the world to me. I hope one day i can start the life with a woman who will except this and know the risk!?! After reading alot of these stores i can see and express the same pain... i hope life only gets better after this...
- —Guest devastated
- I am having a break out now very painful I havent got tested but did lots of research on gh. Im not sure how long I have had this but this is my 3rd breakout. My ex of 10yrs cheated on me often and now I have been in a relationship for almost 6 years and dont know hoe to tell my fiance...
- —Guest Veronica
lost and confused...
- last week I was diagnosed with HSV1. I have been with the same guy for the last 9 months and have had no symptoms prior to dating him... I had no idea that I had this virus as I always thought it was something that got tested during my annual exam with my Dr. It's so devastating because my boyfriend doesn't understand... he says he's tested negative (had blood test since I was diagnosed) and now he's not even sure whether or not he wants to be with me. I've never felt more alone in my life and, although reading these forums helps to give me hope that I will find someone who truly loves me and understands, I want HIM to be the one who loves me and understands. I have tried to explain that it's not as bad as society makes it out to be, my symptoms were no where near as bad as I expected herpes to be. He just thinks it's a big dirty STD. Before I was diagnosed we talked about how we were soul mates and meant to be, and now he wants to give everything up because of my disease. So confused
- —Guest daisy
The long way
- I found out because my very young stepdaughter had an outbreak on a visitation holiday. They said her mum infected her at birth. She was my husband's first partner. The mum denies everything swearing the girl got it from a public toilet. I was negative before we were married. My heart breaks for his kids. For him too.
- —Guest Junebug
don't judge me yet
- i have herpes and i'm 15 years old. I found out i had herpes a few weeks ago when i got a cold sore on my lip. i did all the research i possibly could and the results came back as herpes. i didn't want it to be true. i looked everywhere for another option. i broke down and cried. i thought, what is everyone gonna think? being a sophomore with herpes is....... heartbreaking, tough, depressing, horrible! i guess it would be that way for most people. everyone is so quick to judge in hs. they might think oh you're such a slut because you have herpes. you're disgusting! truth is... i've had herpes since 5th grade. since i was 10. i got it from my dad. all little kids kiss their parents right? i believe everything everyone says even though i got it from a goodbye kiss. i wonder if i'll end up living alone with my cat when i'm older because no guy wants a girl with herpes. i've had herpes my whole life. living with herpes has helped me see who my real friends are and who is worthy of my love.
- —Guest kim
It's NOT Dirty!!!
- I contracted mine from a boyfriend who gets cold sores. We woke up one morning together, and he noticed he was developing a cold sore. About a week or so later I had an outbreak on my neck (I get acne sometimes and must have had break in my skin on my neck).. however, at the time I didn't associate it... never saw the sores, just thought my skin was itchy... and scratched it. My body never had an opportunity to build up antibodies.. and about 2 weeks after that I ended up with my first genital outbreak. I contaminated myself (insert curse here!). The thing that gets me is I was just involved with a man who also gets cold sores, but after I told him, he told me he was scared and I haven't heard from him since. We have been developing very strong feelings for each other, he said it all the time, I've never connected like this before. It hurts. I just wish there was more education about it and less stigma. It's not about being dirty at all, its a minor, very manageable thing.
- —Guest Just Me
- I started going clubbing when I was about 22. Because I spent alot of time dealing with mental illness I didn't get out much before then. I was very cautious of people for most of the time. I drank alot one night and spotted a guy I had admired for a long time. We slept together. He was embarrassed (being a friend of my brother) and left. I soon went out clubbing again with a drive to drink away my depression and went home with a guy I didn't know at all! I had gotten so drunk. I never heard from him again.. I went out a few weeks later (ways alone, I have few friends due to isolation caused by the mental illness I had) I had a real bender and saw a lovely guy smiling at me.. we went home together and he threw the condom I gave him on the floor before putting it on. The first guy did the same and the second was not protected.. today he told me he tested positive. I don't know if I gave it to him.. I get tested tomorrow and I fear the very worst.
- —Guest Silly One
Life after herpes exist just be patient
- I had been living my life as usual and for the first time in ten years I was getting on a plane on my first European excursion. The plane ride wa 7 hours and when I got off the plane I was fine, exhausted. After a 2 hour car ride to the hotel, I take a shower and I feel a pinch and think nothing of it. I must have a jagged nail. The next day it burned when I urinated, I looked and there was a rash, everywhere. It was awful being away from home helpless. I told my boyfriend he should get tested and he later broke the relationship off. Thank goodness, because I met a man that loves me for me and said herpes doesnt define who you are. So there is life and love after herpes. It's okay to cry, I think I cried for a week straight but couldn't bare to feel sorry for myself. Started taking vitamins going to the gym quit smoking. I feel better than ever.
- —Guest 7 hour flight
- I just found out I have hsv1. :( I just had my 3rd child December 23 2012. & my immune system is obviously weaker well my bf of a year I guess had a cold sore & gave me oral 2 weeks after having our daughter. Worst pain of my life at first nobody could help 9 different doctors in one week. I have huge legions & the pain was to bad to pee I was holding it for 20+ hrs at a time. Finally they catheterized me & currently still in horrible pain & helpless I lay in bed most my days. I can't believe this happened. I have 3 beautiful baby girls 3 & under.. Im praying I only have a day or two of this left but I'm hopeless. I don't understand how it happened now & not a year ago.
- —Guest loving mommy
- Well where can I start. I have been reading all the stories and thought I share this one. I contracted herpes type 2 around 10 to 14 years ago. I took it badly partly because I was young in twenties. When I was told from my doctors I blocked it out and wouldn't come to terms with it. I found it extremely difficult. I would go on dates and when i developed feelings for someone I just shone them away. Because i was afraid to tell them. I have been through hell because I was afraid to disclose it to my previous partner and got it. And I wish I had the courage to tell him. Our relationship could of been better. Even after all that he still wanted us to be together but I had my own demons. All I will say is be honest no matter what. If your not able to do that "Stay on your own" I learn the hard way.
- —Guest mature now
Life throws us all curves...
- I was raped by a friend of my exboyfriend several years ago. I wasn't aware of it then, but now I know why it hurt so bad when I tried to urinate, and it hurt so bad to walk or sit. My female parts were traumatized, and I never asked for help. Years later I fell in love with a wonderful man. We were expecting our first child when I went to the OBGYN and they tested a non painful blister. A week later I received a phone call stating that it was positive for HSV. I can not tell anyone. I am ashamed. My cowardice is pathetic. My husband would blame me for it. It would be my fault. I am disgusting to myself. I find no pleasure in intimacy, or intercourse. It makes me remember, and my memories are tainted. Only God can help me. I am afraid and alone. My husband loves intercourse but I can't get into it because all of my thoughts are jaded. I ask for emotional and mental help. May God forgive me of my idiocy.
- —Guest Discombobulated
Dont give up HOPE!
- I'm 22 and found out I was infected april 2010 I got back with my ex which was stupid on my end well my bff which was a guy told me my ex was cheating on my with my bffs ex gf and that I needed to get checked bc she had herpes and which I was already having probs peeing so when he said that I knew I had it went to the hosp and they said I did went into a deep depression as the yrs went on brake up after brake up I found a guy that wouldn't judge me of my past we are now married for over a yr so for all thos out there that don't have hope or want to give up I was there but there are guys/girls that arnt going to judge you or effect the way they feel about u learn how to protect both ppl and us meds and condoms be safe about it be honest about it and do research and tell them about it and if they have questions to ask u just be open and go to dr. If that helps explain or ease their minds young ppl watch who u sleep with and the 1s who have it DON'T GIVE UP HOPE! BC HE'S MY BEST FRIEND
- —Guest girl behind the mask
boyfriend got it yet he dumped me
- A man who I deeply love had oral sex with a woman when I was out of town. He ended up getting herpes from her and he told me about it by phone. I told him that it absolutely didn't change my feelings for him what-so-ever and that I loved him with all my heart and that we could learn about it and tackle it together. That was over a year ago and I still love him - but he dumped me the day he told me and he hooked up with the girl that gave him herpes. In fact, he invited her to move in with him within a few months. I don't understand why he would do that, especially when I assumed the oral sex he had on a whim with a stranger meant nothing. I don't know what I could have done differently to assure him that I'd still hug, hold and love him as I always have. This whole stigma of herpes caused me to loose the love of my life.
- —Guest Anonymous
- im a woman in a relationship w a woman. We were together 4 years and had a bad break up. She slept with a few people and got herpes. We got back together and have been for about a year and a half, and the intimacy level is NOT there at all. We never make love, and when we do, she does not let me touch her. Its very impersonal. We dont kiss, dont make love. No affection or intimacy is getting hard to handle. Its making me very insecure and causing us to fight all the time. I am open to her having this problem, i love her with all my heart but i am extremely lonely and its making me miserable.. I have suggested she talk to someone, but she doesnt seem to want to do anything to help the situation. What do i do?? Is this normal??
- —Guest lonely1