Just got tested
- I just got tested for herpes last Thursday, my Doctor called me this past Sat and told me I was positve for herpes and would know next week if I have type 1 or 2. My life just fell apart in that moment. I am still in a daze, and can't belive this has happened to me, I feel dirty and rotten on the inside and wonder how anyone is going to want me after this. I have only slept with 3 people in my life and I am 31 yrs old. I am a single mom to a 2 yr old daughter and I felt like giving up on everything this past weekend. But I didn't, because I have her. :) she needs me to be strong, seek counseling and become very educated so that I can heal myself mentally and emotionally so I can be the mom I was before this all happened. I am still very emotional and have been crying since I found out, not a lot, but enough to let it out. I wish that this didnt' happen to me, but it happend. :(
- —Guest Guest
Waiting on my results
- I had been experiencing some burning when i went to the bathroom for the past few days. Then I noticed weird red spots on my genitals. Finally today on monday morning I went to the urgent care because I was very worried. They took some swabs and my doc said he thinks it is herpes but it could be something else too. My results will come back in two days. I'm so worried and scared, I only hooked up once and the person said they were clean. I didnt see anything weird on them at the time. I dont know what to do. I have told anyone except one other person I slept with since getting tested this morning. I can't tell my family and have no one to talk with about it. I'm 23 yrs old and never do hookups except this one time and now look what I've got : (
- —Guest I'm too young to have this
Waiting on test results
- I am currently waiting for the test results to tell me if I am positive. I have had all the symptoms from fever to muscles aches to swollen lymph nodes. And my outbreak down there is just terrible. It is excruciating and I don't know what to do to help the pain. I've been to my doctor twice and he's had a look and said it doesn't look like herpes. But what else could it be? Like I said I have every symptom. I am so scared.
- —Guest Sam
not as bad as I thought
- I had my first ob about 8 years ago. That ob was really painful and I only told my best friend. I was devastated & ashamed. I still wish I didn't have it, although it slowed me down & made me really get to know a guy before sleeping with him. Sex is the easy part but it also blinds to you things about the relationship that may not be right for you. HSV has almost been a blessing. I have yet to be rejected by a guy. I am always so surprised with how accepting & understanding they are. If I had been given the choice I would've run for the hills! I am in my early 30's, I have a good career,& I am good looking and take care of myself. I rarely ever get to the point of telling someone because I realize I don't really like him anyway! I don't really get ob that often and if I do it is really tiny & almost unnoticeable. I still get a little sad though when I think about. For those of you just finding out or going through the pain, hang in there. It does get better, just be honest with bf or g
- —Guest stillsingle
comfused & saddened
- Im so thankful for this site. I needed to vent & have someone understand. Im a 30 year old female. Last week my life changed after I had my annual check-up I recieved notice I have hepes 2. I dont know what to feel or how to feel. But sites like this give me more insight & stengh.
- —Guest confused&saddened
I found the love of my life all because
- After learning about my condition, I honestly felt like my life was over. I came across http://www.SingleHerpes.com and read all the personal stories and found that there are regular people, just like me, who are dealing with the same situation. I found the love of my life all because of my condition and the website. It's funny how life works out sometimes. I wish everyone the best!
- —Guest herpesfish
Can't forgive myself
- Wow, I can't believe I'm sharing my story. Since my diagnosis,I've found comfort in reading the stories of others. Hopefully, mine can be for someone else. I never thought that I would be diagnosed with having Hsv2. My best friend told me that she had it some years ago. I never judged her, but never thought that it would happen to me. Last September, I had unprotected sex with a guy I barely knew. He was a family friend. Its funny because immediately after we had sex, I had a gut feeling that I had may a major mistake. Afterwards, I asked him if I had anything to worry about. He told me no. I went to get a STD check and tested negative for he common stds that they typically test for. 3 months later I went in for a blood test to test for HIV and herpes. My results came back positive for herpes. Words can't express how I felt at that moment. The guy claims that he's negative but refuses to show me his results. I feel like my life is over. How could a beautiful, smart girl be so careless.
- —Guest Still in denial
- So this past summer I went to Vegas and slept with someone (however don't remember a thing) but not wanting to. I had to return home and tell my bf of 5 years (who I love and would never want to hurt). Luckily he totally understood and has helped me cope. 6 months later (today) I had to tell him I have herpies, he told me he loves me and he will be here for me. I can't explain how I feel right now, but all I can think, is that I have no other option besides to put it past me. I'm sad, scared and feeling dirty. You never think it will happen to you, reality... It has and we have to accept it. There will be people that will love you no matter what and will fully support you. Just be open and honest! These stories have made me feel better as I hope mine will with you.
- —Guest Shocked
Lived and learning
- I am a 22 year old female, I admit I have made several mistakes regarding sex. I have been with 7 people unprotected. The person who infected me I had known for 7 years. Had a crush on him all through high school but he never paid me any attention. However out the blue one day he found me on FB (5 yrs after graduation) & the girly crush feeling came back, we never used condoms.I had my 1st yeast infection following, then a bump appeared on the bottom of my buttock (i assumed hair bump/ingrown),no real Herpes symptoms. (this was in 2011). This year I got tested again & I am positive for HSV2, I am told I am asymptomatic, have not experienced the harsh symptoms of pain or tingling, no open sores. I cried aloy, but realized crying would not take it away.I have wonderful support from my mom & bestfriend, & a long time guy friend who says he will accept me regardless,we have not had sex but he does wnt a relationship,but I am scared I will infect him in the long run,& i cannot bare that..
- —Guest Done crying
Closer than I thought.
- My friend just confessed to me about a month ago about her contracting Genital Herpes from her boyfriend. She is only 16 years old and is one of the most beautiful girls I have ever seen. Her boyfriend is 18 and has constantly cheated on her from the start. Ever since she found out she contracted this STD, she has been afraid to leave him, in fear of never being able to be with another person. He refuses to believe that she got it from him. He was only her second partner, and her first was a virgin. I've never felt so sad and alone for someone else. She has a poor immunity and tends to get break outs frequently; which causes her to hide in her room for at least 3 days. I only hope that she will find someone that will accept her and this virus. it will take a strong and kind person to love her. I know I do. and I will never judge her for something that was not her fault. No one intends to contract this disease. She did not deserve this.
- —Guest Friend of a Friend
My boyfriend hates me
- I was diagnosed with herpes about 9 months ago.... since then I have not been too intimate with anyone. I met this amazing guy who i love so much. We had started being intimate though I am on my meds. Last night I told him that I have HSV2 and he hasn't really spoken to me since. I know that I told him later than I should have yet I don't know what to tell him to actually make him talk to me. I feel sick and ashamed for even having this virus... and I feel worse because I hurt him and myself in the process.
- —Guest Angel
A week after my 16th Birthday 6 Yrs ago
- I was only 16 years old still in high school when I was told by my doctor that I got herpies. When I found out I already knew that I had It I just wanted to go to the doctors to make sure. I got herpies from my high school sweetheart, he never told me he had it so when I found out I was mad at my self because it was my fault that I caught it from him but at the same time I knew that my entire life was going to be different. Today I am 22 years old and I am living a good life with my new boyfriend of 4 years and I am so happy that I have him in my life. Ladies if a man really wants to be with you even if you have herpies he wouldn't let herpies come between you and him, he would work around it and he would like you for who you are and not care that you have herpies because you mean so much to him.
- —Guest Kay Kay
hell of a new start
- I found out 3 days ago I have hsv2. assuming I got it fm my boyfriend who has never had any symptoms at all which is not uncommon in men. I went for my routine check up 3 weeks after we started getting hot n heavy. I had noticed some slight inflammation a few days after the first time we had sex unprotected. I chocked it up to irritated skin and moved on. during my exam the dr asked of I knew about these 2 sores in my genital area right where I had my episiotomy from having my baby. I was oblivious (that area is impossible to see unless u r looking for something) I had itching but no actual pain other than burning when I urinate when was a symptom of a UTI. theydid blood work and 4 days later I received a phone calm while at the gym with my best friend. I immediately cried. I told her what they said and she just looked at me and said "its ok I have it too." I told my bf. he still wants me. while I have driven myself to hives fm worry I'm doin the best to accept this and move on.
- —Guest shock
- I've been experiencing symptoms for a few days and I have a Dr appt tomorrow. I think I got it from oral sex when my boyfriend had a cold sore. We had no idea it could be spread that way. He is really supportive, we are planning on getting married soon. I know it's probably inevitable, but I really don't want to pass it to him. I'm just worried that if this relationship doesn't work out I'll have to keep explaining to future partners.
- —Guest maybe...
Its really not that bad
- I'm a 24 women, I have had genital herpes for 4 years now. The initial outbreak was awful, but subsequent outbreaks haven't been that bad. I take daily suppressive therapy, and when I feel that I am on the verge of an outbreak I increase my dosage. I am currently in a committed relationship, and my boyfriend doesn't mind that I have this virus. I insisted that he research it himself, and make his own informed decision. I have always been completely honest and upfront about the fact that I have herpes. I refuse to put other peoples health at risk. I don't feel dirty, I know I'm not, I have had very few sexual partners, I was just unlucky. Genital herpes isn't a death sentence. It doesn't make you dirty, and it won't ruin your life. Do a little research, you can safely carry a pregnancy, and actually have a committed sexual relationship. Don't dwell on the negative, just move on and deal with it.
- —Guest Not that bad