Never knew it would happen
- I'm 22, and currently having an outbreak. Yesterday I went to the doc's and she said its probably herpes. The test results isnt out yet til three weeks later but I dont hope much. Me and my boyfriend both gave our virginity to each other and have been together for 3 years. We stopped using condoms quite some time ago, never thought this would happen to us. He havent been to the test but he's pretty sure he has it anyway. I broke down and cried before but im quite fine now. All thanks to this website and hearing so many stories. I still dont quite know what to do but i believe i will get over it somehow. My boyfriend has been supportive and he feels guilty that he passed to me. I have noticed he has ulcers every now and then but we are both unsure if that has been counted as cold sores. Either way, life goes on. We are not alone everyone!
- —Guest Lost
- I think I may have contracted something. I have been with my manlyman for approximately 8 years. Never strayed. When being intimate ... I have received semen in my eye...one week Later I though I had pain in my ear 3 days after half of my face paralized and got really swelled up. When I consulted a physician he said I probably had a palsy. I did not divulge to the dr about the semen in my eye.. It is one year later that I self diagnose when i paralized a second time I read on the anti viral medication box that it wad to treat erpes. I guess my partner contaminated me .. after I visited a neurologist he explained that one of my cranial nerve near my ear was infected and gave me the impression of an ear pain. I am very sad and shy about the whole thing!
- —Guest shocking
i have herpes
- I went to the clinic and the nurse told me she was 80 percent sure just by looking, i had to tell my boyfriend, it was the hardest thing in the world form me , he got tested and he didn't blame me these websites really helped me..no im always trying to improve my overal health so i can have fewer out breaks turns out that work.. havent hat an outbreak in years
- —Guest eat me
- I'm 33 married to to husband for 10 years we have 2 young children. I am a good girl and have only been with two boys sexually my husband and one other at the age of 19. I was diagnosed two months ago! WTF! I went to the doctors with a bad rash and they prescribed hydrocortizone sent me on my way. I was in pain lots of it. It wasn't getting better so I went back they prescribed a different hydrocortizone cream. Still extreme pain. itchy couldn't sit on my but. sores were on the top of my but crack and some inside the top. (no I NEVER had anal sex EVER) went back to the doctors and they said maybe it's a yeast. this was my ob/gyn that delivered both my children and has been my doctor for several years. Left with yeast cream and difflucan. Nothing. Finnally got upset went back and said look at it! It's getting worse. Then I got the oh that looks like herpes. WTF? Positive for HSV-2 WTF. I am not the same scarred on my but from the multiple creams and already called the suicide hotline..
- —Guest like death
- I have meet this amazing guy , had unprotected sex with him about 3 weeks ago . i wish i could go back because just before we had our first sexual encounter a voice in my head said DON'T . But me being me i did and now I am suffering , I went to hospital 5 days ago because i could not pee ! the pain on my vagina was burning like sooo bad . I was almost screaming with pain . It was very swolen i could hardley walk . I went into the hospital and they said it was Herpes . I was sooo upset !! they were going to put a catheter up my bladder. But that would have been extremly painfull . I ended up in hospital for 5 days because of the pain . I coulnt pee, walk , sleep it was the most horible experience. I had to lie to my friends as to why i was in hospital . and this guy im seeing is amazing but how do you tell someone you have this ? and the fear of passing it on . I am still in alot of pain . Its shamefull but reading all these comments has changed my thinking . Thank you all so much .
- —Guest Wish I could go back
Get on with it!
- I have just had the results back from the docs after my first severe outbreak. I have had numerous partners, I am 32. I have lived with cold sores all my life and like this they are horrible when you have them (thats when you abstain) but as Churchill said "this too shall pass" Main pain is there is no cure! Wish that was not the case however if you can't change it then change the way you think about it!
- —Guest whatever does not kill you makes you str
i never would have thought
- I never in a million years would have thought that I would have herpes. I'm 23 and. Found out i had this virus when I was pregnant I think I almost lost my mind because the person that gave it to me was my boy up to 3years and we was still together so that means he cheated on me and gave me. Something that could never go away. If you only knew how much I cry Its two years later I don't know how I made it.but I did so it is hope.
- —Guest nunu
i'm so scared
- i just got a blood test done on tuesday. i have never had symptoms and nobody else i've slept with has come back with symptoms. however, one from 4 months back texted me and said he had it orally, and thats all we did. i am talking to a guy i really like right now, but i already know he won't stick around if i'm positive. i've been honest with him about the test. he is being so positive about it, but i know if i do have it, he will be gone. i'm so depressed and i feel sick to my stomach. i keep crying every night. the results come back in a few days. i'm so on edge. i don't know what i'm going to do.
- —Guest djb1991
Happy Go Lucky Go Herpes
- I'm the type of person that good things happen to, everything always works out for me, and when it doesn't I have the strength and positivity to bounce back. But to have been hit with the finality of such devastating news has left me reeling to a point I'm not sure I can come back from. I'm so upset. I practiced safe sex with a random guy. In the age of sexual liberation I thought a condom was good enough and I was invincible. The next day I shaved and several days later I started to itch like crazy. I just figured I was getting razor burn gone wild and proceeded to use anti-bacterial topical cream but the bumps weren't coming to a head that would burst. They got worse, couldn't sit. Doc told me yesterday it was Herpes. I love sex and now I cannot do what I love without EVER putting the person I care about at risk. Who will take me after this? On the bright side i'm interested to see how I will evolve without having sex in my life. Looking fwd to things getting better though.
- —Guest badluck
I don't think I can go on
- I just found out today and the person I been having unprotected sex with doesn't seem like the type. We've done it 4 times and 3 times without a condom. I feel so Disgusted with myself like how could I let this happen I'm a 20 yr old african american female working as a certified nurse assistant. I feel that I may not be lucky enough to find an understanding man . I really wish I had someone to talk to or chat with that has this to help ease my mind bc I'm really going crazy ! How do I tell him without him trying to flip it on me ? Please someone reach out to me:(
- —Guest Sad heart
At Worst Very Mild Symptoms
- I think I got Herpes at 17 and I'm 34 now and have only just self diagnosed myself, I was just looking for details about the molecular biology behind it and specifically axoplasmic transport when I ended up here. The initial symptoms weren't that much more than a painful large zit on my penis. I get a repeat of the symptoms every 2 or 3 years and that is as bad as it gets. I just avoid sex whilst having an outbreak which isn't difficult as it can be painful. I personally don't concern myself over stigmas but I can appreciate others may struggle with it so just take it for what it is, virtually nothing in real terms.
- —Guest Who
it could be worse
- my husband n i been having our ups n downs just like any other marriage. we became seperated n decided to see other people. i met this guy and we had unproteted sex. month later me n my husband said we will give our marriage another try. well last week i decided to get tested for everything...jus found out yesterday that i contracted hsv2 and i was grateful it wasnt deadly. i thanked God for allowing me to be able to see my kids graduate n have their own. i did tell my husband n he guessed it before i told him. see what happen is that i never contracted hsv2 when we seperated. i recall my husband having bumb-like on his penis 6 yrs ago before we got married n i question it but he said he was nothing n i havent seen it on him since. i never i had a breakout but the doc said its probably because of my imune system. but for my husband to know what i had before i had the chance to tell him lets me know how i got it. but like i said i am very greatful.
- —Guest his wife
not the end of the world
- My husband has herpes. I do not. It's not that big of deal, and our sex life is HOT. We just don't have sex when he's having an outbreak. Happens every couple months or so. He takes valtrex immediately when he feels "itchy" and more often than not the blister never fully forms. Abstinence during breakouts is our only form of protection.
- —Guest guest cass
Depressed and scared
- I am absolutely terrified and I feel so alone. I just found out last week that I tested positive for hsv1 and 2. I have been with the same man for the past 10 years and within the last year found out that he has cheated on me with numerous women. I am so scared that I can give it to my children by kissing them and them eating with me...I feel like my whole life has changed. And even though the nurses, my doctor, and websites say that a lot of people have it I still feel like I am by myself. My self esteem has dropped and I feel like I have been used up.
- —Guest justfoundout
- i have had herpes for almost four years but only recently diagnosed (three months ago). i was able to go so long without knowing because my symptoms are so minimal. doctors told me for years that i was just having a simple pimple and not a herpes outbreak. the word herpes did float around a few times but since my boyfriend and only unprotected sex partner never had symptoms i figured i was fine. i didn't know it could be asymptomatic. my herpes is still virtually symptom free. even if i feel i might have an outbreak, i take valtrex and its gone in a matter of hours or a day. i feel lucky that this is the extent of my disease, because i know many others have it worst. my biggest obstacle is finding love and finding sex. i feel so uncomfortable telling anyone and i've chosen to simply not to. its very hard. i am asked out on dates almost daily and i have to either turn them down or risk leading someone on. i'm optimistic that it will happen for me someday. there is always hope.
- —Guest Me