To answer anonymously, log out of your account and post as a guest. Share Your Stories
- Why do virgins have to get a pap smear! That shit I going to hurt. Getting my first tomorrow. I am terrified and I am being forced to go through with it. Im scared to death.
- —Guest fearful
- A lot of these responses sound.... Uneducated. Regardless I am 20 years old and have gotten a Pap smear every year since I was 16 at the advice of my physician. She does them at my yearly physicals. She begins with a plastic specula which she inserts and you can hear the clicks of the specula opening, where I feel some slight pressure. On her tray she had laid out a brush and curette. When she scrapes my cervix to collect a sample of cervical cells it does hurt. Sometimes I do cry, and spot for a couple days after. But I think it is worth it to have confidence in my reproductive health by having a pap done yearly. Not getting a app every couple years based on the pain is silly. Getting your blood drawn also hurts but it's important to get done every so often.....,
- —Guest Marina
- Friends told me it would hurt ... but my mother told me it wouldnt ...with the confidence of my mothers opinion and her presence in the doctors office... i relaxed.... until ... the nurse said ... what you young girls know about having sex !! (17 yrs of age about to be 18) ... is the man any good yu been havin sex wit !! Is his pants below the waist lik the rest ! I couldnt believe it ..... the level of professionalizm is farrrr gone and .... then the doctor came ... and shove the tool inside (i found out later they were suppose to use a cream/lubricant) ... open it wide.... it feels like wen getting a tooth pulled the pressure applied...and you can litterally hear and feel the tool inside of you... i asked wtf are you doing... an my mother told me to calm down ... not knowing how much it really hurt ... then the spatula scrapping ... feels like constant pinching ... by the way the doctor never spoke or explained what was going to happen.! Worst 1st visit ever its nothing like a penis
- —Guest jessindi
- I dd mine for the first time today,I ddn't feel any pain at all..!it was just bit uncomfortable but bearable.Ther's nothing to be scared of.Iam 25 and dnt have a child.
- —Guest Sphe
- I was bullied into getting pap tests in order to go on the Pill when I was in my early twenties. I was told that if I was old enough for sex, I was old enough to get a pap test and pelvic exam. It was embarasssing, and I found out later, completely unnecessary for prescribing birth control pill. I resent the violation and blackmail. It would be different if I came in seeking the test, but I did not. I only wanted birth control, and was placed in a position of having to allow anyone who wanted access to my vagina and anus in order to get it. Humiliating.
- —Guest Sue
- This procedure does not hurt at all and it lasts around thirty seconds. Ask the nurse to describe the procedure beforehand and during the procedure if possible. Concentrate on relaxing and widening your vagina. It feels like a smooth metal penis but not like sex (i.e. not up and down, it remains still). It is slightly widened so the sample can be taken. It does not hurt, feels a bit like your cervix is being brushed, I'd say it lasts for about five seconds. Before you know it, the metal penis is out and the smear is over. In England, we only have a smear every three years if the results are normal. This, of course, makes the smear more unknown than, say, a routine dental appointment (every six months). Anyway, I recommend it, those thirty seconds could save your life. Currently in the worst part: waiting for the results but at the moment, only for the first test!
- —Guest Amy
It can save your life.
- Today I got my first pap smear and it was painful. The doc said that since I was a virgin, he'd try n make it less painful, but that was lie. It hurt the whole 5 or 6 minutes and I bled a little, but after a few hours I was fine. I'm glad I did though, all women who are sexually active, or 21+ should get it.
- —Guest Vivi
depends on the person..
- Had my first PAP today, and it really hurts me. But this is because I am a virgin, if you are sexually active or have been you will not be so tight.(or nervous) I hate the whole procedure, but I know its a necessary precaution.
- —Guest Dani
- What's the stab-pinch part about??????????????????
- —Guest Sara
- I had a really bad pap smear,i was a virgin and after she inserted the speculum,i couldn't walk right for two days , it a while for my vagina to get back to normal, I'm scared to have another pap test , i will never again have one not until i become sexual active!
- —Guest lily
Sounds Scary, But No Big Deal For Me
- In my experience, pap smears aren't that bad. I was so nervous going into my first one, only to find out I had a male doctor! The worst part was definitely the waiting though, as I was psyching myself up to think it would be scary. In actual fact, my doctor was a wonderful man who made me feel very comfortable - I now choose him over my previous fe male doctor. The procedure itself was also quite painless - it was no worse than getting my blood pressure taken! In fact, I experienced even less discomfort. The idea of being on display still scares me, but I think a good doctor makes all the difference. Find someone who you're comfortable with and make sure you do it once you've lost yout virginity to minimise any discomfort.
- —Guest Erin
Not as bad as many think
- I've never had too much of a problem with the pelvic exam. Even though I'm exposed I feel kind of covered up down there since I can't see what's going on. The breast exam bothers me more since I'm totally nude from the waist up while he examines me.
- —Guest Jenny J
just had my first and last
- I went to the doctors office today to get a refill on my birth control pills in I take to prevent my ovarian cists from causing me paralyzing pain each month and my regular doctor was unavailable so I last minute got this completely new random doctor who I'd never met until today. Instead of just refilling my prescription (im sure the only reason she felt bad for making pay a $20 copay just to come in for a refill) she bullied me into getting my first pap smear and a vaccine I'd never heard of or had any plans of getting (apparently whopping cough is back). she claimed i needed the pap smear even though I'm a virgin and have not been sexually active. Before i knew what was happening they were telling me to disrobe and wear a piece of paper. The actual experience was awful. Not just the sheer embarrassment which was horrible, but the excruciating pain. I can only describe it as violating intrusive stabbing pain. Pretty awful. To make it worse they took forever and the doctor seemed lost
- —Guest winnie
- Pap smears are a absolute breeze no need to worry all . So everyone should have one
- —Guest Samantha
Thank God for Pap Smears
- I had my pap smear and it came back abnormal. I had all the test done for cervical cancer and I found out I am a cin III. High risk. I have a total hysterectomy coming up June 1st. I have had abnormal paps for 4 to 5 yrs and had the treatments for them. This year I got a 2nd opion and I am glad I did. I learned more in 1 visit with this dr than I did in all the other visits with the other one. Ladies get your paps done,. It is so important. Ask questions and if you dont like the answer go on line and look it up and if you have to change drs. Your life may depend on it. Just look up on the ceiling at the picture. Your dr is your dr and is doing his job and is more than likely saving your life, Isnt that worth what like bit of embarassment you feel? After all the dr has seen all kinds of buttoms what makes yours so special? LOL You know what I mean. GET YOUR PAPS DONE LADIES YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT
- —Guest catnlucille17