- I am a 29 year old woman and I'm currently waiting on my test results. The doc says she's pretty sure it's herpes and that I'll be contagious the rest of my life. Not exactly nice words from her. I'm not sure when or who I contracted it from if this is my reality. Whatever the case, I am putting my problems and worries in God's hands. He is my strength, my Savior, my all and all. I've been depressed since the doc stated my possible reality and I've been dating the same guy for 9 years. I have not told him yet, unsure of how he'll receive me. I love him though and with all of this and reading everyone's stories, it's eased some of the pressure some. But today, I decided to leave it in God's hands and let Him have the last say so in all that goes on my life. He will take care of me no matter what. To those of you living with this, God bless you all. Stay encouraged.
- —Guest trusting God
living your life
- i was diagnosed with hepes 7 years ago, it was given to me by my boyfriend at that time. at first i went into a deep depression,blaming myself for knowing better and still having unprotected sex, but i realized, some people have it way worse. its not aids or cancer, you wont die from it and your life can go on. i have had 4 out breaks since i was diagnosed, i am on supressive therepy n i live everyday to the fullest...YOUR LIFE IS NOT OVER JUST CAUSE YOU HAVE HERPES!!
- —Guest its not the end of the world
Loving and accepting myself
- I found out I had herpies 3 years ago... I was dating this guy and after being together for a year we decided to have unprotected sex... About 3 months later I knew something was not right down there...... I refused to have sex with my boyfriend cause I felt way to uncomfortable to even go there... He asked me what was going on... I told him that something was not right down below and I needed to go see my doc.... His face dropped:( he said OMG there is something I need to tell u........... "I have herpes" he said.... I instantly got angry for him not telling me sooner.... I asked him to leave my house... I was devastated!!! We did not break up that night... We did a year later:) i did go to the doc with open sores.. They tested me and a week later I tested positive.... I felt so much shame, hurt, and anger.... I felt totally defective, that no one one would love me and accept me!! I met a man I was honest... 2 years later he loves and accepts me:)
- —Guest Littlemiss
- im 17 years old and was recently diagnosed with HSV-2. i dont even know how i got it. ive been with the same guy for 8 months and i just got it. i dont know everything about herpes but i know it hurts. i have every symptom. burning, itching, blisters and ulcers all over, swollen painful lymph nodes, muscle aches. everything. 5 pills i have to take more than once a day right now and im puking because theres so much medicine in me. at first i thought my world was over and id be lonely and no one would like me but the truth is im okay. and im going to be okay. once the first outbreak is over ill feel normal. i dont have to tell anyone except the people i might infect. its not my fault no matter how hard people try to hurt you about it, their words could not ever hurt more than the physical pain from it. they dont understand and i wish more than anything that they could. i wont let this ruin my life.
- —Guest emily
- I was diagnosed with HSV2 about 5 months ago, so the beginning of my senioe year in high school. My boyfriend and I had broken up the end of our junior year (at prom) for reasons I'm still not sure about. After talking and making up we decided to get back together and work things out. About three weeks after we had sex, I developed the worst, most painful rash down there. I also had a fever that would make me shiver and shake, and within ten mins I would be drenched in sweat. Since I'm obsessed with google, I researched my systoms and cAme across herpes symptoms and realized its a definite possibility. So knowingly before I had even thought about getting back with my ex, I asked if he was with anyone else and he had told me no. I for sure wasn't due to the fact of still being emotionally attached to him and my work schedule was rediculous. So sure enough after I googled and came to a conclusion that this was herpes, I picked up my phone and called him and asked for the truth, promising I wouldn't be upset..and what a surprise!!! He lied, and two weeks after ouur break up he had slept with a girl. I told my mom to schedule an appointment while I still had the breakout. About a week after the doc did swabs and took blood tests, I got the call from my hysterical mother telling me that it came back positive for HSV2, and that I needed to come home. So sure enough my ex broke up with me and is currently in denial that he gave it to me, and is with another girl. I'm only seventeen, but feel more encouraged to become successful and understand that sometimes bad things happen to good people. I just pray that somebody will accept me for me.
- —Guest seventeen
Don't let this happen to you
- I was diagnosed with HSV2 aprox. 1 year ago. When I got my first breakout, it was so horrible I couldn't walk; I didn't have the test results back yet but I knew what it was so I told my boyfriend. later that night he took me to the emergency room b/c I was in so much pain. my primary break out lasted close to 3 months. It was during a really stressful time in my life. I had just starting university and a new relationship with the man of my dreams. When I told him he was immediately supportive and didn't want me to leave. Its now a year later I have had A LOT breakouts but I was also diagnosed with cancer about a month ago but have had the cancer lesions for 5 months. my bf stuck by me through my fears of giving it to him and everything else that comes with the virus but left me the day after he got his first break out. He said it was nothing to do with the breakout and came up with other random excuses about my insecurities. I wish I could have accepted this virus before I lost him.
- —Guest So Sorry
over a year of pain
- I'm a more mature guy. Way old enough to know better. After my divorce, I went out with a few women. One had herpes and told me "It's no big deal, just a little itching a few times a year." Instead of researching it, I believed her. She enticed me to have unprotected sex, and I was crazy enough to do it. A week later, all hell broke loose. Horrible burning on the head of my penis. Then, a week later, it went into my nervous system and to this day (a year later) I am suffering incredible neuropathy. Horrible pain in my buttocks, down the back of my legs, and into my feet. It never goes away. I've tried antivirals, Chinese Medicine, exercise, you name it. No relief. Doctors are puzzled and say that it is acting more like Shingles than Herpes, but it's definitely Herpes. I've seen similar stories, many from older men catching herpes in their mid-life years. It's ruined my life. The gal that gave this to me? Life goes on for her! I'm devastated. Don't spread this intentionally!
- —Guest Stuart
- I thought it was just a UTI, so I went to the doctors to get medicine. It was extremely difficult for me to urinate. At the hospital, we found lumps and I was told it was herpes. My boyfriend was diagnosed, but told me I was not able to get it if we used a condom. I am still in denial, because I just found out two days ago and am waiting for my culture test to confirm it. I told my boyfriend, and he denied he gave it to me. But then fessed up. He was the only was who could have given it to me. I am still in college, so am very young. My boyfriend is very supportive now, and he paying for the AntiViral they gave me, and my doctors visits. So far, yes it's painful but the first outbreak is the worst. My point here is to be careful, and not to worry. I am still sketchy about it...but it will be okay. It could be far worse. Keep your heads up, it's not the end of the world.
- —Guest Guest1992
- So I have had herpes for about 20 years now. Not even important how I got it. I have had 4 boyfriends in the past 20 years and to this day they still don't have it. Started dating a man about 10 months ago (talked on line for 7 months) did not have sex when we met and then I told him. He did his research, but still rejected me because he is "paranoid". So many ignorant people out there. However, I don't blame him as I was not given a choice and he was and he had that right to choose. He was the ONE so I thought, but guess not. My heart is breaking and I am giving up on even wanting to be upfront with anyone. As I know when I am about to have an outbreak, which starts with a small fever up too 2 days before the actual break out, so I know not to do anything then. At the same time, I don't want to infect someone who may not have it. Wish a cure would hurry up and be developed!
- —Guest Doesn't Matter
Hsv-2 nearly killed my baby
- I recently had a baby by section after failing to dilate my water broke 64 hours before delivery,It's my 4th baby. after 8 days my baby was not feeding and became very unwell she had low temp and was ridged then limp-was sensitive to light and very very sleepy. She was admitted and a spinal tap was done. She had meningitis. We waited 48 hours to find out what type. She was diagnosed with hsv -2 meningitis. It effects about 1 in 100,000 babies. Very rare. Then I was told that she must have contracted it from me? But I didn't have hsv-2. Never had any reason to believe I had this. Never had an out break. After a blood test I was told I had antibodies to the virus. I had hsv-2! Shock , despair. Watching my baby fight for her life. I was broken. It's only been 5 weeks and my girl is doing well. Her chance of brain damage is more than 50% I have done a lot of research since then and I can not believe that you can have a virus that can be so harmful and not ever have any symptoms.
- —Guest Guest
- i dont like expressing myself and telling others what is wrong with me but im so glad i did this time, i was in so much pain to go to the toilet and these lump like things appeared on my vagina area i just had to tell my mum she then booked me a doctor appt they didnt think at first that it was herpes but they sent off test for something else that came but clean i then went back to doctors a few days later and they took another test which i have to wait for to see if i really do have herpes all the symptons seem the same! i've never been through something like this and cant wait for this outbreak to be over, reading these makes me feel much better though. and im so glad i have a understanding boyyfriend im only young and i never thought id get anything like this! praying they find a cure soon!
- —Guest scared
You Gotta Keep Living!
- I am 41 and had first symptom at 22. I was in college and dating a guy there while trying to move on from my on/off high school boyfriend. The drs in the area said it was nothing but I was miserable for a couple weeks. Both guys denied having a STD. I did research & finally saw my dr @home, told him what I thought it was. Culture test was neg, but he gave me Acyclovir anyway. Said it may or may not happen again, depends on my immune system. It was a year before I had another outbreak. To this day, I don't honestely know which guy I contracted it from. BUT my hs boyfriend askd me to marry him so I told him every detail & he didn't freak out. A year after marriage, he had an outbreak & didn't freak out!! SO I think he gave it to me even if he won't admit it. BUT we have a good life & 2 kids. We still have outbreaks at stressful times but manage with Famvir, healthy diet, exercise & try not to get too exhausted. But YOU can still live a normal life and YOU can be happy.
keep your head up
- Hey guys most of u are really upset. So am i. I found out three days ago. Never expected to hear this. Im in denial then i accept it and then i realize i have it and i just want to die. I know dramatic. I have a loving partner who is great. He doesnt care he just wants me to feel better. This has brought us closer together. I dont recall have any symptoms but received a pos from a blood test before i found out i was happy loving my life was great now i feel sick every ichy tingle i freak out which could be all in my head. Im not breaking out YET. Just hang in there. We're not alone which helps me.
- I was diagnosed with type 2 Herpes a few days ago and ever since I haven't felt clean. I have a wonderful boyfriend who I've been with for over 3 years, nearly 4 and I've only ever slept with him. So it obviously came as a massive shock when I was told I had Herpes. The Dr said I probably got it from him but I don't think he's too sure. I suppose it could've been lying dormant (we've been having unprotected sex for at least 2 years) and then just flared up but it has shaken the both of us. He's been really supportive and caring and I' glad I told him and didn't hide it from him. I was really upset when I first found out but now all I can think is that I have it for life so I can't be upset all my life otherwise it'll control me, my boyfriend our relationship and our life.
- —Guest Shocked
NEED HELP WITH QUESTION
- I recently found out that my partner has herpes from his x girlfriend whom he cheated on me with apparently while he was having an outbreak and she contracted it. Question is, I was tested and don't have it. Is it possible i could of had an outbreak and didn't know? I am worried. If my partner has had herpes does that mean I do. I am a woman. ***From Your Guide: While it is possible to have an outbreak and not know, it's also possible that your partner can have herpes if you don't. If you were tested, you may well be negative, although you should be tested again later on in case you have been infected but haven't turned antibody positive yet***